Port Police important rules for all boat rentals
Braking any of the following rules, Port police have the right to give you a ticket.
Port Police has the authority to stop you at any time for inspection.
They will check the safety equipment and the papers of the boat.
You must have an id with you on boards.
- Always drive slowly, Never go at full speed, Never make sharp, dangerous turns.
- Never anchor inside the yellow buoys indicating the swimmer’s area.
- Never anchor where people are swimming. Keep the boat away from swimmers.
On busy beaches with watersports, you are only allowed to go out where the watersports have the yellow buoys.
- You are only authorised to go 1.5 miles from the Skiathos coastline.
- It is forbidden to go to Skopelos, Alonissos, or the mainland.
- The use of alcohol is strictly forbidden to the driver.
Boat Hire Terms & Conditions
- You agree that you will take the boat in the same conditions as when it was delivered to you in the morning.
- If you break the propeller, cause any damage, or lose the anchor, lifejacket, oar, or any other part of the boat, you will have to pay for it so we can replace it for the next day’s rental.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to make a booking with us.
- Although boats are insured, you (the driver) are primarily responsible for any damage or loss to the boat and its equipment. In the event of damage or loss, you will have to pay the amount of excess in full or part; this amount will vary depending on the type of damage or loss. You (the driver) will be held responsible for the actions of the other members of your party as well.
- Fuel costs are not included in boat rental rates.
- To comply with laws and regulations, it is mandatory to respect the maximum number of passengers permitted on board; it must not exceed the number of people allowed.
- Stefanos Watersports & Boat Hire may, at its absolute discretion, refuse to hand over a boat or terminate the boat rental period in advance where, in the opinion of Stefanos, the driver is likely to cause damage, distress, or fails to comply with company rules. In such an event, Stefanos will be under no obligation to refund any money.
- If you are late by 30 minutes after the agreed time without warning, we have the right to rent the boat to someone else, and you will lose your deposit.
- If you decide to cancel your boat for any reason other than weather conditions, you lose your deposit.
- You are not allowed to go to Skopelos, Alonissos, or the mainland. All boats are licenced for Skiathos, the island, and the islands of Tsougria and Arkos.
- In any violation, the port authority has the right to keep your passport until you have paid the fine given to you.
- The Port Police have the authority to cancel all boat rentals in the event of extreme weather.
- Due to damage from the day before, it is possible that the boat won’t be available. We return your deposit if that is the case.